Vacon X4 AC Drive
- Simple operation using standard TB Wood's/Vacon programming
- Multi-language display - no codes to learn
- Standard NEMA 4X / IP66 enclosure
- Suitable for normal high-pressure washdown applications - 1,000 PSI from 6 inches
- Rugged covers designed to withstand tough environments
- Double labyrinth seal to keep dust, dirt, oil and water from entering the enclosure
- No external fans mean one less maintenance item to worry about on 1 - 5 HP models
- Standard Built-In Dynamic Braking Resistors virtually eliminate nuisance trips, providing more uptime.
What Are AC Drives?
AC drives control the speed of either an induction motor or a synchronous motor by adjusting the frequency of the power supplied to the motor.
Benefits of using AC drives for roller grinding applications:
- Flexible adjustment of the speed of the grinding wheels to control vibration, chatter, and finish
- Achieving grinding wheel speeds up to 7,000 rev/min
- Stopping heavy steel tungsten carbide grinding wheels quickly with built-in braking resistor
- Continuous display of grinder speed-RPM(rev/min) and grinder load-Amp
Vacon X4 drives can be also installed on existing grinders.
We provide programming and installation services and technical support.
Typical AC Drive Installation